Skip to main content

My 5 Favorite Songs from Games

You all have that music bug that you find after listening to a particular song from a video game right?

Don't lie, you know you do.

We have those certain songs from video games that we like so much that even find ways to get the songs onto our MP3s and iPods.

Some songs on this list are actually some I have on my iPod.

So here are my favorite songs from games.



Number 5



In the original Bioshock once you reach the underwater garden known as Arcadia. There is a bridge which you must cross which has gasoline spilt on it and a Splicer who is shooting at you from a balcony in the corner.

Out of nowhere a song plays over the speaker system and it's Django Reinhardt's cover of the song Jitterbug Waltz.

This is one of my favorites because to me, it has that right blend of acoustic guitar and violin. Which seems to be a common aspect in most of the music of Bioshock.

To me, it's also very relaxing.

You could be doing almost anything with this song playing in the background and you would feel relaxed.

Heck, mute any Gears of War and have this song play in the background. You would feel a little bit laid back.

Number 4



This very groovy song of L.A. Noire I actually didn't find in the game. I found it on Youtube.

I really love the bass in this song and of course the clarinet mixed into the song.

It's really fun to listen to and has almost made me shake around in dance.

Number 3



In the intro to Fallout 3 we hear a radio from a decrepit bus lying in the middle of the DC wasteland.

That song is I Don't Want to set the World on Fire by The Ink Spots.

For a lot of us, this song was a song that we wanted to listen to many many times during our exploration of the Capital Wasteland as it did bring us some comfort after facing multiple Deathclaws or facing off some heavily armed members of the Enclave.

Or after we explored a metro overflowing with Feral Ghouls.

Whenever I had my Pipboy out, this was the song I was looking forward to listening to GNR.

Number 2



This, I think, is the ultimate bad guy theme.

It's one of my favorites because it's the song that plays when the bad guy of bad guys arrives.

It's also the song that plays when you're at the end of the road. The Final Battle with the man(or woman) you've been trying to defeat to save the world.

If I were to go years and years without playing FF7 or even remembering where this song came from. I would instantly think to myself "Sephiroth! It's the One Winged Angel!"

This is one of those iconic songs in gaming. At some point and time in your years of being a gamer. This song will have made it's way into your ears and when your friends tell you where this song came from and who's theme it is. You will never forget who this theme belongs to and what it signifies.

FINALLY!!! NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been so happy to be at a game's title screen until Kingdom Hearts II.

This song is my number 1 favorite because I think it is perfect for the sequel to the original Kingdom Hearts.

Many of you were probably like me after the original Kingdom Hearts. We wanted a new game, we wanted a sequel. When this finally arrived and we were playing a new Kingdom Hearts game, we were really happy.

That's why this song is one of my favorites. It made me happy about the fact that I was playing a new Kingdom Hearts game.

I really want to get the 2.5 HD Remix now. Only problem is I don't have a PS3.

Thanks for reading folks, I hope you enjoyed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Weapon Guide:M-TAR Assault Rifle

Hello everyone, time for my first weapon guide of Black Ops 2. Today we're looking at the starting assault rifle, the M-TAR. History The Micro-Tar is a micro version of the TAR-21 rifle. It's designed to take advantage of a shorter barrel which means decreased recoil but increased accuracy. Designed for special fores units, it is capable of converting to different ammo variants such as the NATO standard 5.56 cartridge and the 9mm submachine gun round. It is also designed to be capable of attaching a Suppressor, as of 2009 a grenade launcher was being designed to attach to the M-TAR, the M-TAR can attach the M203PI grenade launcher. If you're a FPS veteran then you saw this weapon first in Battlefield 3 as part of the Close Quarters DLC, for COD veterans we saw this weapon's bigger brother, the TAR-21 in Modern Warfare 2. I'm warning you now, the M-TAR is not the TAR-21 we saw in Modern Warfare 2. Multiplayer Stats, Attachments and Performance In gam

Retro Gazette Reviews:Batman Returns SNES Review

Hello everyone. Welcome to another one of my Retro Reviews. Today we're going to be looking at a personal favorite of mine from the Super Nintendo era. Batman Returns. Story Music If you can't tell all ready from the intro video above, the music to Batman Returns for the SNES sounds great and does a good job of recreating some of the songs we heard in the film. My personal favorite stage music is from Stage 7 when you enter Arctic World, The Liberation of Gotham track sounds amazing in 16 bit audio. It's strange to review the music in a video game but the audio stands out so much and does an amazing job, again of recreating the films' soundtrack. Presentation The graphics and detail of Batman Returns is very good and ironically is much more colorful than the Tim Burton film. Gotham City, although currently suffering from a clown riot looks fantastic and Konami yet again does a good job of recreating scenes from the film, you see all these backgro

L.A. Noire Review

Hello everyone, I hope you've been enjoying my reviews and I'm here to review one of my personal favorites. L.A. Noire. L.A. Noire by Rockstar Games, developed by Team Bondi is a very unique open-world game. L.A. Noire is the total opposite of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto series, this time you play to bring law to L.A. Let's jump right into L.A. Noire. Story It's the late 1940s' in Los Angeles, historically recorded as the most violent time in LA history. You play as Cole Phelps a "war hero" of WWII and returns to L.A. and still wants to continue to fight the good fight by joining the L.A.P.D. you come in when Cole starts to take the initiative on his duties, he starts off as a regular patrol officer then quickly starts to be known as the L.A.P.D.'s golden boy and quickly becomes an L.A.P.D. detective. The story is told out through the cases you play on when you reach certain police desks in the game, each police desk has it's