Skip to main content

Battlefield 4 Beta Impressions

Evening everyone.

Today is the launch of the Battlefield 4 Beta. An early launch for those who have Pre-ordered BF4, who have a Premium subscription and for anyone who has the Medal of Honor War Fighter Limited Edition Online Pass.

I have the MOHWF Online Pass on my 360 hard drive so that's how I got early access.

Let me just start off my impressions with two words.

GOOD GOD!


The first obvious thing that was glaring at me was that the game looks amazing. The leap from Frostbite Engine 2 to Frostbite Engine 3 is actually very huge. Although you can't see Frostbite 3 pushed to it's whole potential on the console version. The game still looks amazing,

I must admit I was expecting a little bit more of Battlefield 3 when coming into the beta. The beta feels nothing like Battlefield 3; it doesn't even look like Battlefield 3. This truly is an entirely new Battlefield experience. Nothing feels even remotely the same as Battlefield 3. I actually jumped into Battlefield 3 for a match and then jumped into the Beta. I really was playing two different games, I actually preferred playing the Beta over Battlefield 3 this afternoon.

The gun play to the beta feels great. Guns feel powerful but not too powerful that you have an overpowering issue. Especially the backup weapon for every kit, the P226.
The two game modes available are Conquest and Domination on the map Siege of Shanghai. On Conquest you get to see the entire map and get to use vehicles such as humvees, tanks and scout helicopters; and yes you get to see the skyscraper fall down on Conquest. 

Domination on the other hand is the very fast paced game mode of the beta. Domination is very intense. Intense CQC action with bullets whizzing past your head, grenades blowing up the environments and the battle cry of many different soldiers.

The hit detection feels really good. I don't think I ever had an issue with hit detection. There were glitches, frame rate cuts and other bugs. One big one I noticed was on occasion the game would glitch and an enemy I was firing at would literally disappear. I would not get any more hit markers, it's like they were never in the match in the first place. Another glitch I noticed was that my few remaining rounds would disappear. If I had exactly 15 rounds remaining it would suddenly disappear.

A few other glitches I found were also ribbons not appearing on the screen or in the after match results. As well as going into the server browser to find that all the servers are empty. Even though you go into the Quick Match option and you can find a match.

Finally. An issue that cursed Battlefield 3 was the net-code. I can say with absolute confidence that the net-code is improved. It's almost perfect. I'm not dying when I walk around a corner anymore. If I'm in someone's line of sight I might die in his line of sight. There is no chance of me dying after I get into cover.

Overall

I am very impressed with the Battlefield 4 Beta. I can not wait for the full game to be released. I actually can't wait to get the full game to be released for the Playstation 4.

I want to play Battlefield 4 on the PS4.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Weapon Guide:M-TAR Assault Rifle

Hello everyone, time for my first weapon guide of Black Ops 2. Today we're looking at the starting assault rifle, the M-TAR. History The Micro-Tar is a micro version of the TAR-21 rifle. It's designed to take advantage of a shorter barrel which means decreased recoil but increased accuracy. Designed for special fores units, it is capable of converting to different ammo variants such as the NATO standard 5.56 cartridge and the 9mm submachine gun round. It is also designed to be capable of attaching a Suppressor, as of 2009 a grenade launcher was being designed to attach to the M-TAR, the M-TAR can attach the M203PI grenade launcher. If you're a FPS veteran then you saw this weapon first in Battlefield 3 as part of the Close Quarters DLC, for COD veterans we saw this weapon's bigger brother, the TAR-21 in Modern Warfare 2. I'm warning you now, the M-TAR is not the TAR-21 we saw in Modern Warfare 2. Multiplayer Stats, Attachments and Performance In gam

Retro Gazette Reviews:Batman Returns SNES Review

Hello everyone. Welcome to another one of my Retro Reviews. Today we're going to be looking at a personal favorite of mine from the Super Nintendo era. Batman Returns. Story Music If you can't tell all ready from the intro video above, the music to Batman Returns for the SNES sounds great and does a good job of recreating some of the songs we heard in the film. My personal favorite stage music is from Stage 7 when you enter Arctic World, The Liberation of Gotham track sounds amazing in 16 bit audio. It's strange to review the music in a video game but the audio stands out so much and does an amazing job, again of recreating the films' soundtrack. Presentation The graphics and detail of Batman Returns is very good and ironically is much more colorful than the Tim Burton film. Gotham City, although currently suffering from a clown riot looks fantastic and Konami yet again does a good job of recreating scenes from the film, you see all these backgro

L.A. Noire Review

Hello everyone, I hope you've been enjoying my reviews and I'm here to review one of my personal favorites. L.A. Noire. L.A. Noire by Rockstar Games, developed by Team Bondi is a very unique open-world game. L.A. Noire is the total opposite of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto series, this time you play to bring law to L.A. Let's jump right into L.A. Noire. Story It's the late 1940s' in Los Angeles, historically recorded as the most violent time in LA history. You play as Cole Phelps a "war hero" of WWII and returns to L.A. and still wants to continue to fight the good fight by joining the L.A.P.D. you come in when Cole starts to take the initiative on his duties, he starts off as a regular patrol officer then quickly starts to be known as the L.A.P.D.'s golden boy and quickly becomes an L.A.P.D. detective. The story is told out through the cases you play on when you reach certain police desks in the game, each police desk has it's