Skip to main content

Thoughts on PS Now

For awhile now, Sony's game streaming service to play PS3 games on the PS4, PS Now. Has only been playable by a lucky select few in a private beta.

During that time photos and comments were posted online about the ridiculous prices to rent the games from the service. Now that the Open Beta has begun is the pricing still an issue?

Yes


I was really excited when I learned about PS Now to be honest. My excitement was mostly because in my mind that meant that I would be able to play all the exclusive titles and hits that I missed on the PS3.

Heck I'm still pretty excited to one day wake up and find that God of War 3 is in the PS Now library.

For right now it isn't and I hope they add that and some other titles soon.

My experience with service so far has been good. I haven't really been playing a lot of PS3 titles though. So far I've only played the Twisted Metal reboot and Resident Evil: Code Veronica X.

I haven't run into any major hiccups whatsoever.  Which I think is a really good thing considering how many things could go wrong with the service. I have honestly been expecting to be playing one of the games from the service to suddenly be met with a "Could not stream the game" message or start up Code Veronica to find my save data is gone.

Or worse.....

LAG

Thankfully I haven't run into any of those issues thus far. Which I have to say is pretty good for the beta of a streaming service.

However, the biggest issue right now with the service is something that a lot of people are currently pointing out.

The price of rentals.

The only real issue I see with the service thus far is the price. I've seen games that go for 22 to 25 dollars to have for 90 days. Even the four hour rental prices are a tad bit ridiculous. 3.99 for Dead Island Riptide for four hours? I can rent the same game from my local video store for the same price and play it for five days.

I could even buy the game for my 360 for less money than the 90 day rental.

I've read from a lot of places that PS Now should be a subscription service instead of a rental service and I strongly agree with PS Now becoming almost like a Netflix subscription service. I do think it would be much better to pay a subscription fee rather than having to pay for each and every game individually.

Especially for games like Skyrim or Red Dead Redemption where some players would want to play the game for more than a month or two.

If you REALLY liked Skyrim and wanted to keep playing it for more than a month or two you would end up going over the price it is to own the game.

I think a Netflix like subscription plan would be much better the service. For one, a lot of players would really like it knowing that they could pay a subscription to play practically every game on the service.

I'm not sure how the pricing would work out as I'm not exactly sure how much it would cost to keep all the servers running and keep improving on them to make sure nobody runs into any glitches or lag.

I just hope the subscription price, if they do change to a subscription system, isn't massive like an extra 40 dollars a year to have Netflix like access to the games.

 So for now I think PS Now in terms of streaming the games and the library thus far is pretty good. It's the pricing for the games that really needs to change.

Thanks for reading.

Feel free to comment below what you think of PS Now and what needs to change with the service.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.A. Noire Review

Hello everyone, I hope you've been enjoying my reviews and I'm here to review one of my personal favorites. L.A. Noire. L.A. Noire by Rockstar Games, developed by Team Bondi is a very unique open-world game. L.A. Noire is the total opposite of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto series, this time you play to bring law to L.A. Let's jump right into L.A. Noire. Story It's the late 1940s' in Los Angeles, historically recorded as the most violent time in LA history. You play as Cole Phelps a "war hero" of WWII and returns to L.A. and still wants to continue to fight the good fight by joining the L.A.P.D. you come in when Cole starts to take the initiative on his duties, he starts off as a regular patrol officer then quickly starts to be known as the L.A.P.D.'s golden boy and quickly becomes an L.A.P.D. detective. The story is told out through the cases you play on when you reach certain police desks in the game, each police desk has it's

Battlefield 4 Weapon Guides:AK-12 Assault Rifle

Hello everyone. Welcome to my first in the series of Battlefield 4 Weapon Guides. I'm actually quite excited to be starting a new weapon guide series. Today, we'll be covering the default unlock of the Assault Rifle category. The AK-12. Profile The AK-12, formerly the AK-200, is the latest Russian assault rifle derived of the infamous Kalashnikov AK-47. The AK-12 uses the same gas-operated long-stroke piston system of previous Kalashnikov based rifles, but this new Kalashnikov rifle has some new designs that make it vastly different from the other rifles in the family. For starters, the light version of the rifle can swap calibers by a quick change of the barrel, you can change from the 5.45x39mm caliber to the 7.62x39mm caliber and the 5.56x45mm caliber. Ergonomically the AK-12 is also different from previous designs. The AK-12 stock is telescoping, in-line with the barrel for better recoil control. What that means is that the stock of the weapon can be fold

Dead Space 3 Review

Dead Space fans old and new do not worry. Although many critics and reviews out there have said that Dead Space 3 has not kept to it's original survival-horror roots, it is justified fear but ultimately Dead Space 3 does not miss it's chance to scare you. It has not changed so much that it is just an action game(in fact many people say Dead Space is action-horror) in fact Dead Space 3 scares you more than the original Dead Space and Dead Space 2. As a veteran Dead Space player and who has played both Dead Space games religiously, I was scared and even panicked at the mere sound of a Necromorph. With that said let's start the review. Story 200 years before the events the entire Dead Space trilogy there was a Necromorph outbreak on the planet known as Tau Volantis, The Marker Homeworld. Unfortunately the people there were not able to destroy the Markers or "The Machine" capable of destroying the source of Markers that would make the rest of the Markers a