Skip to main content

Thoughts on the Destiny Beta

If you pre-ordered Destiny you got access to the Destiny Beta.

For Playstation 3 or 4 owners, we got access to the Beta this past Thursday. Everywhere you go on the internet that involves gaming has been talking nonstop about how awesome the beta is.

So here's some more talk about how awesome the beta is.


What I've enjoyed about the Beta thus far has been how much fun it is to partake in missions with other players or to explore the world in search of enemies and loot.

I've gotten excited at the sight of Encrypted Engrams with an image of armor or weaponry being blurred out not knowing exactly what I was getting.

The massive amount of exploration in the game has  let my curiosity take hold of me and travel around Old Russia to find different locations that I've never been in and fighting off a big group of enemies that might drop an awesome weapon or better piece of armor. I swear there's a cave somewhere in Old Russia that has some awesome assault rifle for me waiting to be found.

I even liked the fact that even when I reached the level cap, I could still enhance my class skills.

It was like Skyrim's skill system where you could enhance your skills by simply using that particular skill. The more I used my Vortex Grenade, I was able to enhance the ability to be able to throw Cluster Vortex Grenades. The more I used the hover ability, I was able to upgrade it to where it had more control and stability. Even my weapons could be leveled up for different things like better optic scopes or increased damage.

I may have reached the level cap, but there was still something for me to do in the Beta.

I do wish that the level cap was slightly higher in the Beta because I have collected weapons and armor that have either a level 9 requirement or a level 10 requirement. Which I find a bit ridiculous seeing as how the Beta is programmed with a level cap of 8.

What I found interesting and still find interesting about Destiny is the PvP multiplayer mode.

It's pretty cool seeing as how the things you found in the main story of Destiny can now be used in the multiplayer and you can even bring your customized class to the multiplayer.

Better still, you can swap weapons during the multiplayer so you have an advantage in certain engagements.  Secondary a sniper rifle you found but you need your shotgun for the close quarter engagements you're running into?

No problem! You can switch to that shotgun you have in your inventory in a manner of seconds!

It is a very interesting and unique take on a competitive multiplayer mode in a video game and I think many people will enjoy it. Not only for being a way to earn more loot, but also for being  unique.

The public events also spiced things up greatly as one moment I'm calmy driving my Sparrow through Old Russia to then find out that me and a few other players have to take down a Devil Walker together.

There was something for me to do at any given time and point in the game and the only problem was I did not have all the time in the world to do it.

Thoughts on Destiny as a whole

Destiny is shaping up to be a massive hit come this September. The hype is entirely justified for everybody that has played both the Destiny Alpha and the Destiny Beta.

Many people have played both the Alpha and the Beta to only desire more Destiny. To continue to explore the world around them and to search for stronger weapons and better pieces of armor.

To see the full extent of the powers the Titan, Hunter and Warlock have locked away behind a massive EXP wall.

To partake in public events taking down Fallen Devil Walkers or hunting down a Fallen Major.

Bounties for both the PvP multiplayer mode and story mode.

There is already a lot of replayability in the Beta and lord knows how much more there will be in the final product of Destiny.

If you haven't been able to play the Destiny Alpha or Beta and are still somewhat doubtful about the game. Find a friend who has the Beta downloaded and ask him or her if you can play it.

If not, trust me when I say that Destiny is a fantastic game and is going to be a really fun game when it's released.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Weapon Guide:M-TAR Assault Rifle

Hello everyone, time for my first weapon guide of Black Ops 2. Today we're looking at the starting assault rifle, the M-TAR. History The Micro-Tar is a micro version of the TAR-21 rifle. It's designed to take advantage of a shorter barrel which means decreased recoil but increased accuracy. Designed for special fores units, it is capable of converting to different ammo variants such as the NATO standard 5.56 cartridge and the 9mm submachine gun round. It is also designed to be capable of attaching a Suppressor, as of 2009 a grenade launcher was being designed to attach to the M-TAR, the M-TAR can attach the M203PI grenade launcher. If you're a FPS veteran then you saw this weapon first in Battlefield 3 as part of the Close Quarters DLC, for COD veterans we saw this weapon's bigger brother, the TAR-21 in Modern Warfare 2. I'm warning you now, the M-TAR is not the TAR-21 we saw in Modern Warfare 2. Multiplayer Stats, Attachments and Performance In gam

Retro Gazette Reviews:Batman Returns SNES Review

Hello everyone. Welcome to another one of my Retro Reviews. Today we're going to be looking at a personal favorite of mine from the Super Nintendo era. Batman Returns. Story Music If you can't tell all ready from the intro video above, the music to Batman Returns for the SNES sounds great and does a good job of recreating some of the songs we heard in the film. My personal favorite stage music is from Stage 7 when you enter Arctic World, The Liberation of Gotham track sounds amazing in 16 bit audio. It's strange to review the music in a video game but the audio stands out so much and does an amazing job, again of recreating the films' soundtrack. Presentation The graphics and detail of Batman Returns is very good and ironically is much more colorful than the Tim Burton film. Gotham City, although currently suffering from a clown riot looks fantastic and Konami yet again does a good job of recreating scenes from the film, you see all these backgro

L.A. Noire Review

Hello everyone, I hope you've been enjoying my reviews and I'm here to review one of my personal favorites. L.A. Noire. L.A. Noire by Rockstar Games, developed by Team Bondi is a very unique open-world game. L.A. Noire is the total opposite of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto series, this time you play to bring law to L.A. Let's jump right into L.A. Noire. Story It's the late 1940s' in Los Angeles, historically recorded as the most violent time in LA history. You play as Cole Phelps a "war hero" of WWII and returns to L.A. and still wants to continue to fight the good fight by joining the L.A.P.D. you come in when Cole starts to take the initiative on his duties, he starts off as a regular patrol officer then quickly starts to be known as the L.A.P.D.'s golden boy and quickly becomes an L.A.P.D. detective. The story is told out through the cases you play on when you reach certain police desks in the game, each police desk has it's