Skip to main content

My 5 Favorite Games Of The 7th Gen.

Hello everybody.

Well guys, the eighth  generation is upon us. I think it's time we reminisced; think back to all the great times we have had throughout these last few years.

Many games have been made during the 7th  generation, some that are my absolute favorite games from the Seventh Generation.

These are my personal 5 favorite games of the Seventh Generation

5. Fallout 3


Fallout 3 was actually my first open world RPG that I played. My friends had talked about the game a lot in school. My friend two doors down would not stop talking about how great it was. When I finally got my 360 he let me borrow it.

Awesomeness ensued.

I fell in love with Fallout 3 with the ironically relaxing experience of the game. Listening to The Ink Spots "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire" meanwhile blasting a Super Mutant's head clean off with my laser rifle. 

I loved the  freedom you had with the game. There was no path set in stone that you had to follow in order to complete the story of the game. You could beat the main story within 2 days of playing the game and the rest of the time perform side quests to aid the survivors of the Capital Wasteland by scouring the ruins of D.C. for food and medical supplies.

Traveling deep down into the metro tunnels to fight off Savage Ghouls, cautiously traveling through the scared hills, anticipating a strike from a Deathclaw.

It was a fun time for me and Fallout 3 will still have a place in my heart during the 8th generation.

4.Bioshock


 The game that brought us the most iconic world's in gaming.

Bioshock was a title I had never heard of. One day my best friend Paul told me he rented a game called "Bioshock". I had never heard of it. Neither did he, he was curious about the game after seeing the box art and pictures that were on the back of the box. We put the game into my 360 and then it was revealed.

Rapture.

Bioshock soon became that one game you can come back to time after time throughout the years. Sure, you may remember every little secret of the game. You may be able to play the game without dying. You would still enjoy playing it again. It left such an impression on me.

The Circus Of Value vending machine voice playing in the background, running through the halls of Medical Pavilion with my Zap 'em and Whack 'em combo to conserve ammo and roaming through Arcadia listening to Django Reinhardt.

3. Red Dead Redemption

The Old West medium made a glorious return to the gaming scene with Red Dead Redemption. With Rockstar making sure it made a return.

Red Dead Redemption was my first game I played that was designed by Rockstar. I remember the first time I actually played was when curiosity got a hold of me in my local video store. I watched all the reviews, saw a copy available, rented it and I was hooked.

I would later buy the last copy at Gamestop(I was that lucky!) to finish what I started.

I loved the gun play in the game, I loved taking on bounties in the towns; catching outlaws and bringing them back to the local jail.

I loved taking on hunting challenges, heading up into the mountains hunting down cougars with nothing but my knife.

I loved dueling the loud mouth of the town, soon putting him into an early grave.

Then what made Red Dead Redemption even better was the Undead Nightmare expansion.

Riding around Austin on a horse on fire with hordes of the Undead roaming the plains.

Awesome.

2. L.A. Noire

Another Rockstar title that blew me away.

L.A. Noire had my curiosity due to my interest into detective/mystery novels like Sherlock Holmes and A Series of Unfortunate Events. After I bought it, popped it in. The rest is history.

The acting in L.A. Noire was superb. The story,  full of twists and turns. The city of Los Angeles, beautiful. The car's of the road, elegant, beautiful.

There is a crime to be solved. Justice to be served and you're the only one who can serve it.

It was a game that had a challenge no other game presented to the player. The challenge wasn't to survive every fire fight you came across or conserve your ammo for your tommy gun. It was to test your investigative skills. Reading people's faces, determining who was lying, who wasn't telling the whole story and who was telling the truth.

Finding all the evidence you could to put whoever the perpetrator was behind bars.  Team Bondi made a really great game. One that I'm glad I decided to play.

1.Batman Arkham Asylum


YES!!!!!!

I was so happy to see that there was a Batman game coming out for the 7th generation of consoles. Every time I went to Target, Wal-Mart, Game Stop I would always play the demo of this game.

Arkham Asylum to me, did everything right. The free flow combat system was amazing. Actors reprising their roles from the Animated Series for those of us who grew up watching Batman The Animated Series.  The cast of super villains who occupied the Asylum.

It was a great fan service for those of us who loved Batman.

Like Bioshock, to me, it's one of those games you can't get tired of. You could know everything there is about the game. You still enjoy playing it again from time to time.

Final Words

There you have it, my 5 favorite games of the seventh generation.

Feel free to share your 5 favorite games below. In fact, they don't even have to be 5. List all the games you feel are your favorite games.

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Join me next time when I'll be reviewing DmC:Devil May Cry.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Weapon Guide:M-TAR Assault Rifle

Hello everyone, time for my first weapon guide of Black Ops 2. Today we're looking at the starting assault rifle, the M-TAR. History The Micro-Tar is a micro version of the TAR-21 rifle. It's designed to take advantage of a shorter barrel which means decreased recoil but increased accuracy. Designed for special fores units, it is capable of converting to different ammo variants such as the NATO standard 5.56 cartridge and the 9mm submachine gun round. It is also designed to be capable of attaching a Suppressor, as of 2009 a grenade launcher was being designed to attach to the M-TAR, the M-TAR can attach the M203PI grenade launcher. If you're a FPS veteran then you saw this weapon first in Battlefield 3 as part of the Close Quarters DLC, for COD veterans we saw this weapon's bigger brother, the TAR-21 in Modern Warfare 2. I'm warning you now, the M-TAR is not the TAR-21 we saw in Modern Warfare 2. Multiplayer Stats, Attachments and Performance In gam

Retro Gazette Reviews:Batman Returns SNES Review

Hello everyone. Welcome to another one of my Retro Reviews. Today we're going to be looking at a personal favorite of mine from the Super Nintendo era. Batman Returns. Story Music If you can't tell all ready from the intro video above, the music to Batman Returns for the SNES sounds great and does a good job of recreating some of the songs we heard in the film. My personal favorite stage music is from Stage 7 when you enter Arctic World, The Liberation of Gotham track sounds amazing in 16 bit audio. It's strange to review the music in a video game but the audio stands out so much and does an amazing job, again of recreating the films' soundtrack. Presentation The graphics and detail of Batman Returns is very good and ironically is much more colorful than the Tim Burton film. Gotham City, although currently suffering from a clown riot looks fantastic and Konami yet again does a good job of recreating scenes from the film, you see all these backgro

L.A. Noire Review

Hello everyone, I hope you've been enjoying my reviews and I'm here to review one of my personal favorites. L.A. Noire. L.A. Noire by Rockstar Games, developed by Team Bondi is a very unique open-world game. L.A. Noire is the total opposite of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto series, this time you play to bring law to L.A. Let's jump right into L.A. Noire. Story It's the late 1940s' in Los Angeles, historically recorded as the most violent time in LA history. You play as Cole Phelps a "war hero" of WWII and returns to L.A. and still wants to continue to fight the good fight by joining the L.A.P.D. you come in when Cole starts to take the initiative on his duties, he starts off as a regular patrol officer then quickly starts to be known as the L.A.P.D.'s golden boy and quickly becomes an L.A.P.D. detective. The story is told out through the cases you play on when you reach certain police desks in the game, each police desk has it's